If you want to get a sense of what curriculum the MDT Program covers, see if you can answer the below questions!
See how you measure up!
Which questions do you need to focus on learning in the course?
1. What is the purpose of a facebow mounting?
2. Explain a remount procedure in detail.
3. How is the hinge axis recorded and why is it important when using a pantograph?
4. Is a reconstruction done in centric relation or centric occlusion? Why?
5. What is a pantograph? Why is it used?
6. Explain the significance of the infra-orbital notch.
7. What is a posterior group function occlusion?
8. In a reconstruction, in what articulator position is cusp height determined?
9. Explain the Bonwill triangle.
10. What is the difference between centric relation and centric occlusion? Include condylar position in each.
11. What are the posterior determinants of occlusion?
12. What is anterior guidance?
13. Explain a mutually protected occlusion.
a. Length of central.
b. Labial position of centrals.
c. Position of facial canines using anatomical landmark formulas.
15. Why is posterior disclusion in excursions considered ideal?
16. When would you use:
a. Posterior group function.
b. Anterior group function.
c. Bilateral balance.
17. During equilibration, which cusp tips never get touched? Why?
18. Would you use posterior group function when you have a class II, Division II, anterior occlusion? Explain.
19. When waxing a posterior occlusion, which teeth will have the largest buccal-lingual occlusal table?
20. In the temporary stage, how does the dentist determine the position of the incisal edge of the upper centrals?
21. Give three reasons why anterior teeth can withstand lateral forces without trauma?
22. Which muscle controls the articular disc position on the condyle?
23. What are the two movements of the condyle in the fossa and which compartment is involved with each?
24. What is the Bennett movement?
25. Explain the proprioceptive mechanism and neuromuscular response relationship.
26. What is a parafunctional habit?
27. What is the worst type of premature contact? Why?
28. The Bennett angle setting on an articulator relates to what mandibular movement?
29. If the condylar angle on an articulator is shallower than the patient’s angle of the eminentia, what will result in the final posterior reconstruction?
30. State the rule governing the height of posterior cusps as they relate to the angle of the eminentia.
31. Why are centric relation records taken at open vertical? Explain why this will work when the case is mounted and proper vertical is restored.
32. Describe the differences in the four classes of articulators.
33. Describe the grind-in sequence for bilateral balance including tooth surfaces.
34. How much pure rotation will occur from centric relation before translation begins?
35. What are the parts of the pantograph?
36. Name three things that effect ridge and groove direction.
37. Name three things that effect cusp height.
38. What Information do we get from a custom incisal table?
39. What is the Lucia jig and what is it used for?
40. If a case is mounted by facebow on a class III articulator and the same case is arbitrarily mounted on a class II, what will the difference be in the arc of closure?